18 facts about Gentle Jack aka VUGA, the Nigerian blockbuster movie actor, you probably do not know
– Advertisement –
– Advertisement –
The Nigerian film industry is one of the leading movie industries in Africa and to a large extent the world. The industry has produced super-talented and gifted actors and actresses including Gentle Jack aka Vuga, the heavily-built Nigerian Blockbuster movie actor.
Gentle Jack or Vuga is known widely first; for his heavily-built body which resembles that of American actor Arnold Schwarzeneggar and second; for the blockbuster roles, he plays in movies.
Gentle Jack has acted in several Nollywood movies that have transcended the shores of Africa. His typical role is to be the notorious personality who gives everyone a reason to be concerned about their safety and security.
Gentle Jack usually fits into the role of a warrior, cultist, bodyguard, armed robber, or even a terrorist. Interestingly, he didn’t build his body purposely to act in movies but for his personal look and strength but it turned out his personality and overall appearance gave Nigerian blockbuster movies a Midas touch.
In this edition of Celebrity Facts & Life, Ghbase.com will like to bring you 18 facts about Gentle Jack, the Nigerian blockbuster movie actor, you probably do not know. These facts will simply sum up the biography of Gentle Jack and give us a deeper look into who he is and how far he has come.
Facts About Gentle Jack aka VUGA
- Gentle Jack is a 50-year-old actor who was born on 20th November 1970 at Abonnenma a village in the Kalabari kingdom of the Rivers State of Nigeria.
- Although Gentle Jack was born at Abonnema, he lived and grew up in the populous Lagos State of Nigeria where he had his preschool education and rose to prominence.
- Gentle Jack later went back to Port Harcourt in his native Rivers State to continue with his primary education and later completed his basic school at the same place.
- Gentle Jack did not end his education there but continued to high school or secondary school in Port Harcourt where he completed and obtained his First School Leaving Certificate and the Senior School Certificate.
- Due to his boisterous attitude and the strength, he exhibited in class as an unceremonious bully, Gentle Jack partook in performing arts, drama and poem recitals. He later joined the drama club and went on to perform on stage at several events internally and externally.
- Gentle Jack gained admission to the Ogun State Polytechnic upon successful completion of high school, but no sooner had he begun his studies than quit school. According to him, he stopped schooling due to an undisclosed personal reason.
- Gentle Jack’s love for gymnastics, acrobatics and fitness motivated him to move to the Hellymag Fitness School and Nutrition where he enrolled to learn body therapy. And in no time, Gentle Jack built a very strong endearing physique that was perfect for the then-emerging Nigeria blockbuster movie industry.
- In 1997, Gentle Jack was given his first Nollywood movie role which was facilitated by his brother Gbasemi Tariah. The name of the movie is “Blood Money” which starred the indefatigable Pete Edochie.
- By 1998, Gentle Jack had become a household name in and across Nigeria for the excellent role he played in subsequent movies. But the role that shattered the glass ceiling and actually gave him a seat of prominence was in a movie called “Vuga” which he played in the same year.
- Gentle Jack was the main actor or protagonist in the movie “Vuga” which also starred celebrated Nigerian actress Genevieve Nnaji, where he was so strong for anyone to defeat and fought several battles to save his people and community. The name “Vuga” was then used to refer to him ever since for the courageous show of valour he exhibited.
- Gentle Jack has gone on to star in several movies that had Jim Iyke, Sam Dede, Tom West, and Saint Obi featured in which had him play his usual role as the ‘Bad guy’ who foments trouble and being wanted by the police all the time. He sometimes acted as the warrior who led villages to war and emerged victoriously.
- Well, as the name suggests, Gentle Jack is not who he is in real life as far as acting is concerned. Those close to him describe him as a gentle gentleman who knows when to react to provocations and when to let them slide. Gentle Jack has a very nice personality and loves to be around people.
- Professionally, Gentle Jack is a trained fitness instructor and body therapist who owns and runs a body fitness equipment centre in Port Harcourt Nigeria.
- Gentle Jack is one of the most awarded Nigerian actors who has starred in over 300 movies. Popular amongst them are Ijele, Ebule, The Ghost, Light Out, War Front, Black Diamond, State Of Emergency, Blood, and VUGA.
- Gentle Jack’s list of awards and honours include The Most Promising Actor in Nigeria at the Movie Academy Awards, Best Actor in Leading Role at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards, Best Actor of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards, and Best Performing Actor at the Nollywood Movie Awards amongst others.
- Do you want to know more about Gentle Jack’s family? Well, he has been married to a beautiful woman, a marriage that has produced amazing kids. The family lives at Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria.
- Gentle Jack, who is now a producer, director, media personality, and philanthropist, is estimated to have a net worth of $2 million, making him one of the richest Nigerian/Nollywood actors.
- Gentle Jack has a huge following and influence. He has not featured in any movie in recent times but plans to set up a movie academy and production house to train actors and actresses and to shoot high-quality movies.
Some Photos of Gentle Jack aka VUGA Below
– Advertisement –