Wizkid and Burna Boy are two of the biggest pop stars to ever come out of Nigeria and Africa as a whole. They have amazing fanbases who support them, and they never fail to sell out any stadium anywhere across the world. To top it all, they have a sweet bromance, and they like to share bestie goals as often as possible. These are only a few of the things the two stars who are set to headline the Livespot X-clusive concert this December have in common; check out five other things below.
1. The music: Wizkid and Burna Boy both love music. They have very distinct and special voices that help you recognise them every time you hear one of their songs. Even when they are just featured artistes on a song, their exceptional talent tends to help them outshine other acts. This explains why their collaboration, ‘Ginger’, is such a chart-topping hit.
2. Grammy nominations: They are the only Nigerian artistes of their generation to have received two Grammy nods. Wizkid received his first one in 2017 as a featured artist on Drake’s ‘One Dance’. He got his second nomination a few days ago for his feature on Beyonce’s ‘Brown Skin Girl’.
Burna, on the other hand, is the only Nigerian act to receive two Grammy nominations in consecutive years. He was nominated both times in the ‘World Music Album’ category, first for his 2019 smash-hit album, ‘African Giant’ and recently for his ‘Twice As Tall’ album.
3. Amazing Live performances: They can both compete for the award of ‘best live performance’ in 2020. They’ve mastered the art of delivering beautiful live performances, accompanied by the best musicians and back-up vocalists. Luckily, we get to see some of that goodness as the two superstars headline the Livespot X-Clusive concert on the 19th and 20th of this month.
4. Avid Love for Country: They both love Nigeria fiercely. They show their love in completely different ways, but at the end of the day, it’s clear that they want to see the country grow. They both contributed to the success of the End SARS protest. Wizkid encouraged his fans and other music lovers to join in the protest and even protested with Nigerians in London. Burna put up several billboards across different cities in the country demanding an end to SARS.
5. Tattoos: They have tattoos of special people in their lives on their body. Wizkid has the names of his three sons, Boluwatife, Tolu and Zion tatted on him, as well as the names of his sisters. Burna Boy has the name of his late best friend, Gambo, tattooed on him.