Connect with us

News

How COVID-19 Caused Postponement Of AFRIMA 2020

Published

on

The prestigious All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA has been postponed.

The PUNCH reports that the African Union Commission and the International Committee of the All Africa Music Awards recently announced the ‘deferment’ of the 2020 edition of the All Africa Music Awards, AFRIMA, to 2021 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

According to a statement by the organisers of the ceremony, the decision to suspend the seventh edition of the awards ceremony which had earlier been scheduled to hold for over five days in Nigeria between December 2 and 6, 2020, was reached after several months of monitoring the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic and careful consultations with AFRIMA Stakeholders on the continent and around the globe.

The statement read in part, “The African Union Commission and AFRIMA further state that the cancellation brings with it great opportunities for future awards planning and preparation by utilising the digital platforms and gains the new normal has thrust upon the world of concerts, conferences and festivals, some of the activities which make up the annual AFRIMA event calendar.

“The health and safety of the community of AFRIMA stakeholders is of utmost importance to us. Many of our awards nominees and delegates travel from different parts of the continent and from other parts of the globe each edition and fully understanding the risks involved with such movements, the suspension of the 2020 edition of AFRIMA is the only prudent course for us. We work day and night each year to ensure we provide a world-class and safe awards event.

Now, we are focusing all of our efforts on making our future events even better. We hope that the world will be able to take adequate action, and that the spread of the virus will soon be contained.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News

Iran rejects Joe Biden’s terms for reviving nuclear deal torn apart by Trump

Published

on

Iran has announced it will not accept preconditions from a new Joe Biden administration over its nuclear programme unless the US returns to it’s 2015 deal signed by the Obama administration but discarded by Trump in 2018.

After Trump scrapped the deal, he then reimposed strict economic sanctions against Iran, targeting the country’s oil and financial sectors.

Tehran has since exceeded limits to its nuclear activities set under the deal, raising suspicions that it could be using the programme as a cover to develop a nuclear bomb.

But the Iranian government insists it’s nuclear ambitions are peaceful.

The Iran Nuclear deal signed by the US, EU, Iran, China and Russia was designed to constrain the programme in a verifiable way in return for sanctions relief.

Biden said he will open talks with Iran when he takes over the White House in 2021.
He promised to resurrect the Iran Nuclear deal and lift sanctions if Tehran returns to “strict compliance with the nuclear deal”.

But Javad Zarif, Iran’s foreign minister has rejected Biden’s plan saying the US had its own “commitments” that must be implemented.

Addressing a virtual conference hosted by Italy on Thursday, December 3, Mr Zarif said the US had been “in grave breach” of a UN resolution endorsing the nuclear deal when it abandoned it, describing the Trump administration as “a rogue regime”.

“The United States must stop, the United States must cease its violations of international law,” he said. “It doesn’t require any negotiations.”

Mr Zarif went on to say that the US was “not in a position to set conditions”.

Biden said to the New York Times this week it was “going to be hard” but “the last goddamn thing we need in that part of the world is a build-up of nuclear capability”.

On Wednesday, December 2, Iran’s parliament passed a bill that would prevent UN inspections of its nuclear sites and require the government to resume enriching uranium to 20% – well above the 3.67% agreed under the deal – if sanctions were not eased within two months.

Uranium enriched to a much higher level can be used in a nuclear bomb, though once 20% has been achieved it is technologically easier to reach that required level of purity.

Last month, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said Iran had more than 12 times the amount of enriched uranium permitted under the Nuclear deal agreement

Continue Reading

News

Bulldog finally reacts to claims that Shatta Wale has sacked him for the second time

Published

on


– Advertisement –


Bulldog has reacted to viral assertions that he has been sacked by Shatta Wale for the second time.


News went rife days ago that Lawrence Asiamah Hanson aka Bulldog has been sacked for the second time by dancehall artiste Shatta Wale.

This information came from an unconfirmed report of a Facebook post of one social media user with the handle Gizo Gh.

See what he wrote;

Gizo-screenshot
Gizo-screenshot

Following the intelligence, social media went buzzing leaving netizens shocked and asking questions about the possible deed that might have warranted his dismissal.

Let me take you through a bit of Shatta Wale and Bulldog. In 2015, Shatta Wale kicked out Bulldog from his team stating that he wasn’t adding anything to the team and just enjoying his money.

Bulldog and his Bullhaus Entertainment label in quick response released a press statement to announce the official termination of their contract with the dancehall artiste.

However, Shatta Wale in 2018, signed a deal with Nana Appiah Mensah’s Zylofon Media as at that time Bulldog was the artist and repertoire for the label which meant that he was supposed to work with Shatta Wale.

This reignited their strong and enviable working relationship and even though the Zylofon label is currently crisis-stricken, the two continued working until now.

Well, days after staying in silence Bulldog has reacted to these claims by Gizo after a fan asked him on social media to confirm the news.

In answering, Bulldog rubbished claims. Though he never stated categorically he has been sacked, his response to the questions sighted seemingly predicate that rumours going round has no truth in it.

See the convo that ensued between himself and a User;

Bulldog response to Shatta's sack
Bulldog response to Shatta’s sack

Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment News

“Wahala for who get fame and no money”

Published

on


Former Big Brother Naija lockdown housemate, Kaisha Umaru has taken to Twitter to throw shades at someone with fame but no money.


The BBNaija lockdown show has been concluded months ago, but the drama is yet to stop.


Moments ago, Kaisha made a tweet which has sparked controversy on the platform.

“Wahala for get fame and no money”, Kaisha wrote.

It’s not clear who Kaisha was referring to, but as usual, some fans of the BBNaija show have already started mentioning the names of the people who they feel Kaisha was referring to in her tweet.

See her tweet below;

Previous article“Erica met Davido but Davido no send am” – Nigerians drag Erica after Davido featured Nengi in his music video

Gistreel

Continue Reading

Popular this week