Connect with us

Sport

‘I’ve moved on’: Tyson Fury says he WILL NOT face Deontay Wilder trilogy fight in 2020, targeting UK bout in December

Published

on

WBC champion, Tyson Fury has confirmed his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder has been abandoned.

The British boxer was set to face Wilder for the third time on December 19, after winning the American’s WBC heavyweight belt with a stunning TKO victory in February after their first fight ended in a draw last year.

Over the weekend, Sportsmail reported that the trilogy fight between the pair had been cancelled after Wilder’s rematch clause got expired.

Fury has now confirmed the report, explaining that while he was ‘looking forward’ to a third fight with the American, he was messed around in making it happen.

‘I was looking forward to smashing Wilder again. A quick and easy fight,’ Fury told the Athletic.

‘But Wilder and his team were messing around with the date. They don’t really want to fight the lineal heavyweight champion.

‘They know how it ends. The world knows how it will end: with Wilder on his ass again.

‘Then they asked me if I would agree to push it to December. I agreed to December 19. Then they tried to change the date again into next year. I’ve been training. I’m ready. When they tried moving off December 19 and pushing to next year, enough was enough. I’ve moved on.’

The collapse of the trilogy fight has now switch attention to an all-British heavyweight unification fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua scheduled for 2021 in Wembley.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Sport

‘I feel like I’m in kindergarten dealing with Jose Mourinho’ – Arsene Wenger opens up on frosty relationship with former rival

Published

on

Former Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger has responded to Jose Mourinho’s comments about his autobiography, where Mourinho was conspicuously omitted.

Wenger joined Arsenal in 1996 and won three premier league titles along with numerous other major honours in a 20 year career at the club.

After leaving Arsenal in 2018, the 70-year-old Wenger released his autobiography My Life in Red and White earlier this month, detailing his long tenure with the club among other things.

In the book he spoke about his famed rivalry with Sir Alex Ferguson, but avoided talking about Mourinho with whom he had a frosty relationship with.

Quizzed earlier in the week about his absence from the pages, Mourinho said he got the better of Wenger throughout their managerial career together.

“You are not going to do a chapter about 12 or 14 matches and never win one so why should he speak about me in his book?” he stated.

“A book is a thing to make you happy, to make you proud so I understand perfectly the situation.”

Wenger has now responded to the Tottenham manager’s comments, singling out Mourinho’s response as petty.

According to Wenger, Mourinho’s attitude of “permanent provocation” makes him feel like he is dealing with a particularly unruly kindergartener.

“It doesn’t bother me,” he told Canal+. “It is permanent provocation. I feel like I’m in kindergarten with him. But, that’s part of his personality.

“It’s wrong, we beat him twice. We won, and there were also a lot of draws. And it is not ‘you’ who wins, you only participate in the victory. It is ‘us’ who win. The manager is there to get the most out of a team.”

Wenger also spoke about speculation that Real Madrid wanted to sign him during his career saying he rejected Madrid twice to remain with the club who helped transform into a powerhouse of British football.

“Yes, I have refused them twice,” he added. “But I was in a perspective [to] what I had undertaken. We had built the stadium, and we had to pay.”

Continue Reading

Sport

Wayne Rooney very angry after visit by coronavirus infected friend

Published

on

Wayne Rooney

Wayne Rooney is “angry and disappointed” after he was put in danger of contracting Covid-19 when he was visited by a friend who was infected with coronavirus.

The Derby player-coach was given a luxury watch at his home on Thursday by Josh Bardsley, who should have been in isolation after being tested for the virus and turned out to be positive for Covid-19.

Rooney was not aware that Bardsley was violating government and NHS protocol and went on to play the full 90 minutes as Derby lost to Watford in Friday’s Championship match.

The player-coach had to have an emergency test on Saturday night and a spokesman told The Sun he would not have allowed the visit had he known Bardsley had been contacted by Test and Trace.

“Wayne met Josh Bardsley briefly when he visited Wayne’s house on Thursday,” he said.

“Wayne was not told by Josh or anyone else before or during that visit that Josh had been told to take a coronavirus test.

“Had he known Josh had been contacted by Track and Trace or had tested positive he would have refused to have seen him.

“Wayne is angry and disappointed that he, his family and his club have been put in this position by someone acting secretly and in breach of government and NHS guidelines. He is now taking a coronavirus test as a result of his contact with Josh.”

Continue Reading

Ghana Trends

Ghanaian football star Jordan Ayew announces he’s tested positive for Covid-19

Published

on

Ghanaian football star, Jordan Ayew, has announced that, he has unfortunately tested positive for coronavirus.

– Advertisement –

The Crystal Palace striker took to his social media page today to break the news to his fans sharing that, he’s not having any symptoms and doing just fine, but he is under quarantine per health guidance.

He also added that, he will be cheering his team on from home whiles he recover and looks forward to being ‘back on the pitch soon’ .

See his post below….

– Advertisement –
Continue Reading

Popular this week