Connect with us

News

Rudiger in for Silva, Werner, Ziyech start – Predicted Chelsea lineup against Newcastle United

Published

on




Thiago Silva may miss out for Chelsea while Christian Pulisic remains sidelined when they take on Newcastle United on Saturday afternoon.

Chelsea will be aiming to continue their momentum run form when they travel to St. James’ Park to take on Newcastle United on Matchday 9 of the 2020/21 Premier League on Saturday.

And head coach Frank Lampard has a few roster issues to contend with, heading into the game. First off, the Blues’ boss confirmed in his pre-match press conference that Christian Pulisic remains sidelined with a hamstring injury, while Kai Havertz is also a doubt, having returned to training after completing his isolation period.

‘Christian Pulisic is not fit for Newcastle but he’s stepped up his training slowly. It’s been quite a problematic injury so we’ll stay cautious. Kai Havertz is back. His isolation is over and he tested negative two days ago so he’s just started training on his own to get some of his fitness back after two weeks at home,’ Blues boss said.

However, the biggest blow is likely to come with the potential absence of Thiago Silva. The Brazilian has played a key role in solidifying the Blues’ defence, but is a doubt for Saturday game after having returned late from international duty, according to Frank Lampard.

‘Thiago Silva has just landed and messaged me this afternoon so he probably won’t be going to Newcastle because of the length of his journey and timings,’ the Blues boss said.

With Thiago Silva likely to miss out, Antonio Rudiger should step into the starting XI on Saturday, alongside Kurt Zouma at the heart of the Chelsea defence.

Reece James is a certain starter at right-back, while Ben Chilwell should be fit enough to start on the opposite side, despite having picked up a minor back problem while on duty with England. This back-line will shield the new first-choice goalkeeper Edouard Mendy.

Jorginho sat out at the last Premier League fixture against Sheffield United, but is expected to return to the base of the midfield against Newcastle United. His return would mean N’Golo Kante moves to a slightly advanced role in the centre of the park, while Mason Mount,who was brilliant for England earlier this week, will take up the third slot.

With Christian Pulisic still unavailable, Frank Lampard is expected to stick with the front three that has worked very well in the past few games. Hakim Ziyech, who has been one of the signings of the season so far, ought to start on the right flank, while Timo Werner should slot in on the left and look to cut in and take aim at goal.

Despite Olivier Giroud’s starring display for France against Sweden, Tammy Abraham should get the nod as the centre-forward for Chelsea against Newcastle United this afternoon.

Chelsea Predicted XI: Mendy; James, Zouma, Rudiger, Chilwell; Kante, Jorginho, Mount; Ziyech, Abraham, Werner

Source link

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News

Police arrest three over attack of Governor Wike’s father’s church

Published

on

Three persons have been arrested in connection to the attack on Christian Universal Church International belonging to the father of Rivers Governor, Nyesom Wike.

It was gathered that about five people sneaked into the Christain Universal Church International on 25 Azikiwe Street Mile, 3 Diobu, on Saturday night and detonated the explosives suspected to be dynamite.

A significant part of the church was damaged by the explosion, which created panic in the area. Rivers Police spokesperson, Nnamdi Omoni confirmed the arrest and also said the suspects were helping in investigations.

He said;

“I can confirm the attack on the Church and three suspects arrested in connection with the attack. They are helping us in our Investigation. The Church has been swept by the Bomb Department.”

Though no one has claimed responsibility over the act, it was learnt that the suspects were apprehended by a vigilante group and handed over the police.

Continue Reading

News

Supreme court dismisses another Trump election lawsuit in Pennsylvania

Published

on

The Supreme court of Pennsylvania has dismissed a Republican party lawsuit aimed at invalidating all mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania, a battleground state where President-elect Joe Biden won Trump by 81,000 votes.

This new dismissal of yet another legal challenge to the election by supporters of President Donald Trump, further reduces Trump’s almost impossible odds of overturning the electoral results and having a second term.

The lawsuit filed by the Republican part on behalf of Trump urged the court to throw out all votes in the election and allow the state’s legislature to decide the winner.
The lawsuit argued that a Pennsylvania law from 2019 allowing universal mail-in voting was unconstitutional. The lawsuit also sought to stop certification of the results claiming voter fraud was at an all time high.

The court dismissed both claims on Saturday, November 28, in a unanimous decision, calling the second one an “extraordinary proposition that the court disenfranchise all 6.9 million Pennsylvanians who voted in the general election”.

The judges stated that the November 21 challenge was filed too late, coming more than a year after it was enacted and with the election results “becoming seemingly apparent”.

Pennsylvania officially certified Biden’s victory on November 24.

Saturday’s decision follows a long line of nationwide Trump lawsuit dismissals challenging the legality of Biden’s win.

Trump has refused to give up on his claims of fraud in the November 3 election despite repeated court defeats, tweeting conspiracy theories and vowing to continue his legal fight.

Remember on Friday Trump tweeted that “Biden can only enter the White House as president if he can prove that his ridiculous ‘80,000,000 votes’ were not fraudulently or illegally obtained.”

Biden, who is to be sworn in on January 20, won 306 votes in the Electoral College to Trump’s 232.

Continue Reading

Entertainment News

Man Vows Not To Eat Until Nigeria Gets Better

Published

on


A Nigerian man has taken to social media with a placard stating that he will never eat again until Nigeria gets better.


Man Vows Not To Eat Until Nigeria Gets Better


The young man identified with the username @Iam_Prodigal made known his intention after he took took the reply section of several prominent Nigerian celebrities replying with a photo of him carrying a placard.

Man Vows Not To Eat Until Nigeria Gets Better

On the placard, it was boldly written, “I won’t eat until Nigeria gets better”.

Meanwhile, in another news, popular Nigerian afrobeats singer, Tiwa Savage’s third and recent album, “Celia” has made it to UK Time Magazine’s list of 10 Best Albums of the years 2020. Read full story HERE.

Previous articleFans excited as Tacha reconciles with her boyfriend, King Ladi

Gistreel

Continue Reading

Popular this week