Connect with us

News

US 2020: Trump says he may leave the US if not re-elected

Published

on

US President Donald Trump has said he might leave the US if he loses the presidential election to Joe Biden because he is the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics.

Trump joked about leaving the country while speaking about the prospect of his rival Joe Biden winning the election during his Make America Great Again campaign rally in Macon, Georgia on Friday, October 16.

The president told the crowd that “running against the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics, puts pressure on me”

“Can you imagine if I lose, my whole life, what am I going to do? I am going to say I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics?” Mr Trump said while blasting Joe Biden.

“I am not going to feel so good, maybe I will have to leave the country, I don’t know,” Mr. Trump added.

The comments come days after musicians Bruce Springsteen and Tommy Lee swore to do the opposite and leave the US if Trump is re-elected as president again.

The New York Times reported that Trump is trailing behind Biden in polls as well as in campaign contributions.

The publication said Biden has raised a record $383 million compared to Trump’s $247 million last month.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

News

Dele-Giwa: My father would be proud of Nigerian youths – Daughter

Published

on

Ayodele Dele-Giwa, the daughter of slain journalist Dele Giwa, has revealed how she thinks her father would have reacted if he were still alive.

Dele Giwa was assasinated by a mail bomb explosion on October 19, 1986, exactly 34 years ago.

Monday being the 34th anniversary of his passing, his daughter pointed out that he’d have joined the current End SARS protests if he were alive.

She added that he would “be so proud of what the ‘lazy’ Nigerian youths have been doing over the past 11 days”.

Read her thread below

Continue Reading

News

Lagos closes schools indefinitely over EndSARS protest

Published

on

The Lagos State Government has directed all pupils/students in public and private schools to stay at home following the tension generated by the anti- SARS protests.

Commissioner for Education, Mrs Folasade Adefisayo, who issued the directive today, said the safety of the pupils/students, parents and all staff working in schools is paramount at this critical period. She however advised parents to keep an eye on their wards and not allow them to be used as willing tools in the hands of those who might want to hijack the protests to unleash mayhem on the society.

The Commissioner also encouraged schools to utilize other means of distance teaching and learning i.e radio, television and online media as they have been doing during and post the recent COVID-19 lockdown.According to Adefisayo, a new date of resumption for all classes will be announced as soon as possible.

Continue Reading

News

I volunteer to be the leader of Endsars protest – Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello declares (Video)

Published

on

Kogi state Governor, Yahaya Bello has volunteered to be the leader of the decentralized nationwide endsars protests against police brutality in Nigeria.

After asking that the #EndSARS protests be halted as it has been hijacked by thugs across the nation, Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State has volunteered to be the leader of the movement. 45-year-old Yahaya Bello, who presumably thinks his age cuts him as a youth, said this in interview on Africa Independent Television AIT.

The governor also called on his colleagues to take charge of their state and avoid anymore loss of life in the peaceful protest that has spanned up to 11days nationwide.

Twitter users took no time before dragging the self imposed leader of the movement they’ve reiterated overtime, has no face or leadership.

Watch the interview and reactions below:

Continue Reading

Popular this week